Seperating the audio of 2 simultaneous vlc players

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
innerspace
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 0.8.6
Operating System: Windows / OsX

Seperating the audio of 2 simultaneous vlc players

Postby innerspace » 22 Nov 2008 03:24

I am currently looking to implement a system that will run 2 VLC players with different source simultaneously on the same computer.

The video will be easy to separate by just placing the players on different screens but I am struggling to figure out an approach for the audio.

I only need mono audio so a way to manage it could be to output one player to the left channel and another to the right.
Alternatively could I install a second sound card to work alongside the motherboards inbuilt audio?

Does anyone have any experience with similar concepts or suggestions as to the best approach?

innerspace
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 0.8.6
Operating System: Windows / OsX

Re: Seperating the audio of 2 simultaneous vlc players

Postby innerspace » 22 Nov 2008 10:43

Forgot to mention that I'm running Vista Home Premium and at the moment my application is based on VLC 0.8.6

If VLC 0.9.x would help solve this issue I could upgrade but at the moment the 0.9 wrappers are missing several features that I rely on.

My available output modules(0.9 installed) are DirectX, File, PortAudio and WaveOut

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Solved

By playing with the WaveOut settings I managed to output audio from 1 video to my headphones and another video to usb speakers.

After a short panic that it might not be possible, VLC's feature set continues to impress.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”