Marx c# wrapper change media

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
benshole
New Cone
New Cone

Marx c# wrapper change media

Postby benshole » 14 Nov 2008 20:08

I am trying to use Marx's brilliant c# wrapper in a project and I need to change the media playing in the vlc instance.

If i try to reassign the media it works if i re-create the libvlc_media object and pass it to the player object again. As long as the player hasn't had video_set_parent called.

Does anyone know the process i need to go by to tie VLC to a panel for video output. Play some media. Then change the media to a different file going to that same panel?

I have been receiving exceptions about libvlc_core handles getting closed when i try to reassign the video parent. But at no point had i closed the handle.

Thanks guys.

Ben

benshole
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Marx c# wrapper change media

Postby benshole » 18 Nov 2008 16:07

After some more debugging. It appears the video_set_parent call is voiding the libvlc_core object because it throws a (Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.) exception.

Someone else has had a similar problem in the Marx wrapper thread but didnt find a solution a while back. Has anyone seen anything on it since?

Ben

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”