Compile VLC 8.6c with Cygwin problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
silvara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Compile VLC 8.6c with Cygwin problem

Postby silvara » 17 Oct 2008 18:36

Hi;

I want to use h264 transcoding stream and i need to compile VLC 8.6c with h264 support.
I need o use old api with my VC project . My aim is to stream web cam with h264. VLC 8.6c binary doesnt support h264 and it turns h264 streaming into mpeg2 streaming. So i tough it is better me to compile VLC 8.6c with h264.. It is nice to know if there is already compiled version with h264 from you guys :)

Here is what i ve done;

I downloaded Cygwin with all necessary libraries and tools from http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32CompileCygwin
I downloaded contrib-20070530-win32-bin-gcc-3.4.5-only.tar.bz2 and extract it into C:\cygwin\usr\win32

Code: Select all

CONTRIB_TREE=/usr/win32 PATH=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin:$PATH ./bootstrap && CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/mingw -I/cygdrive -I${CONTRIB_TREE}/include -I${CONTRIB_TREE}/include/ebml" LDFLAGS=-"L${CONTRIB_TREE}/lib" PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=${CONTRIB_TREE}/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --host=i686-pc-mingw32 --enable-sdl --with-sdl-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --disable-gtk --enable-nls --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-faac --with-ffmpeg-zlib --enable-faad --enable-flac --enable-theora --with-wx-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --with-freetype-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --with-fribidi-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --enable-live555 --with-live555-tree=${CONTRIB_TREE}/live.com [b]--enable-x264[/b] --enable-caca --with-caca-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --with-xml2-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --with-dvdnav-config-path=${CONTRIB_TREE}/bin --disable-cddax --disable-vcdx --disable-mad --enable-goom --enable-twolame --disable-gnomevfs --disable-optimizations --enable-debug
I guess --enable-x264 is enough to have h264 support for streaming isnt it ?
when i call bootstrap it erased configure script :shock: I just copy it again in the folder ..

Anyway when the configure is running down ..
error: libiconv is needed for VLC to work properly .. I checked but libiconv was in the /usr/win32/lib.. Thought i install cygwin with this option.. What might be wrong ? Is it about my flags?

Thank you

silvara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Compile VLC 8.6c with Cygwin problem

Postby silvara » 17 Oct 2008 20:38

well after i reinstall i pass the libiconv error.. but now it is complaining about libfaad .. Libfaad library was in the path .. i also copy it to /usr/lib which is the case if compiler doesnt see the extra lib folder..
any ideas?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 18 Oct 2008 21:47

If you don't need libfaad (AAC decoder), just disable it. 0.8.x isn't supported anymore, so if you want more compile help, please change to 0.9.x or to 1.0.x

silvara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby silvara » 20 Oct 2008 08:29

with higher versions.. i am not able to export dll and use the old api

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”