VLC 0.9.2 problems

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
stupac2
New Cone
New Cone

VLC 0.9.2 problems

Postby stupac2 » 25 Sep 2008 05:29

The new version of VLC has been giving me lots of problems. I can't change the volume using my Dell Media Center buttons while it's the active window, but they works fine when it's not. The window can't save its position, I want it to open in the top left corner (where I move it to every time I use it), but it always opens in the center. And to top it off, I wanted to try to uninstall to go back to 0.8.6 (the damn near flawless player), but now it won't even let me do that! Somehow every time I uninstall then reinstall the older version, it's still the newest one. At least, it's the newest one for the first time I play it, after that it just gives errors.

Any ideas? Solving either the problems with the new one of letting me install the old one would be great.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: VLC 0.9.2 problems

Postby VLC_help » 25 Sep 2008 15:40

Dell Media Center buttons
known issue, you can avoid this by using skins2 interface
The window can't save its position
at least it remembers in my case, have you tried to reset VLC settings?
Somehow every time I uninstall then reinstall the older version, it's still the newest one.
You are sure there isn't vlc.exe running in task manager when you do uninstall and reinstall?

stupac2
New Cone
New Cone

Postby stupac2 » 26 Sep 2008 07:45

known issue, you can avoid this by using skins2 interface
Ok, how do you do that? I've looked on the wiki and forum and can't find anyone actually explaining what that is.

The other problem seems to have gone away.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 26 Sep 2008 18:11

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”