DVB-T watching using VLC media player

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
pietro83
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 0.9.2
Operating System: WinXPpro, Fedora

DVB-T watching using VLC media player

Postby pietro83 » 26 Sep 2008 15:16

Hi all! I'm a newbie to this forum...
I've become a fan of VLC player since a little while, and as it's so great I'd like to watch my TV using it.
I have installed a Pinnacle Hybrid Pro stick with relative drivers and software (Pinnacle Media Center, PMC wich sucks pretty much...! :lol: ) under Win XP.
On the other hand I've just installed VLC 0.9.2; while playing and messing a little bit with the option "Open acquiring device..." (or something like that: I use Italian translated version...) I managed to watch a couple of channels from my dvb-t device... Problem is I had to manually input in the channel frequency, which I copied from the Pinnacle software... can anyone tell me whether there's a better way?
Thank you in advance and sorry for possibly broken English!!!

Bye
Pietro

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Re: DVB-T watching using VLC media player

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 26 Sep 2008 15:51

DVB-T scanning is available from (as yet unreleased) version 1.0 only.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

pietro83
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pietro83 » 26 Sep 2008 16:52

Thanks a lot! And is there a way to select different DVB-T streams (channels) which are broadcast on the same frequency?
E.g.: in my area RAI Channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 share the 834 MHz frequency, but when I select that one I can only see Channel 4; how do I shift to others, if possible? :idea:
Tnx in advance!

Piè

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 26 Sep 2008 17:27

Problem is I had to manually input in the channel frequency, which I copied from the Pinnacle software... can anyone tell me whether there's a better way?
We'll have the ability to use the playlist for this purpose, maybe in v0.9.3 if we are lucky, more likely in v0.9.4. See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50436

And is there a way to select different DVB-T streams (channels) which are broadcast on the same frequency?
E.g.: in my area RAI Channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 share the 834 MHz frequency, but when I select that one I can only see Channel 4; how do I shift to others, if possible?
Menu Playback -> Program

pietro83
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pietro83 » 02 Oct 2008 11:04

Thanks a lot! It did help me, pal...!
catch up soon... :D

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”