VLC , VRE and WPF

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
drainey
New Cone
New Cone

VLC , VRE and WPF

Postby drainey » 05 Aug 2008 07:00

A while back BenZC posted a topic about using a VLC element in windows presentation foundation (WPF) and in particular a combination of it and Jeremiah Morrils work with VideoRendererElement to produce a video control which could be used with WPF. I am wondering if anyone has done anything with this as it seems as tho the topic is now dead... unless of course if BenZC is still out there and willing to share what he has done to date and has a desire to take it further. I would like to end up with a wpf usercontrol that takes full advantage of the videolan backend. I reckon this would be a sought after tool for windows developers.

dragonslayer
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC , VRE and WPF

Postby dragonslayer » 21 Aug 2008 11:57

I already tried to contact Jeremiah through his website, as he seems to be the only guy who EVER got it working :-)
Unfortunately he didn't answer and I'm still looking for a working code sample.

drainey
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC , VRE and WPF

Postby drainey » 22 Aug 2008 11:43

I too tried to get a working example of this from Jer ... apperantly he got it going but then ditched the code. Bit of a shame as the comination of an element in wpf which used videolan library would be an excelent tool. If you get any infoation on this please share and I will do the same.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”