JVLC 0.9 and streaming

*nix specific usage questions
chooo
New Cone
New Cone

JVLC 0.9 and streaming

Postby chooo » 03 Jun 2008 15:39

Hello world !

I have a problem with JVLC 0.9 that I didn't have with the previous release (0.8.x) : I cannot stream to the network anymore.
For information, I am using a compiled version of VLC's trunk of June 2nd 2008 with the following configuration options:

Code: Select all

--build=i386-linux --disable-qt4 --disable-wxwidgets --disable-activex --disable-vcdx --disable-cddax --disable-mozilla --disable-gtk --disable-hal --disable-libcdio --disable-skins2 --disable-portaudio --enable-nls --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-faad --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-faac --with-ffmpeg-zlib --with-ffmpeg-a52 --with-ffmpeg-theora --with-ffmpeg-vorbis --enable-faad --enable-flac --enable-theora --enable-faad --enable-twolame --enable-dv --enable-dvdread --enable-live555 --enable-caca --enable-goom --enable-real --enable-realrtsp --enable-mkv --enable-shout --enable-dvb --enable-dvbpsi --enable-v4l --enable-dvdnav --enable-a52 --enable-libmpeg2 --enable-vorbis --enable-flac --enable-sout --enable-ogg --enable-vlm --enable-mad --enable-libtool --enable-shared --enable-x264 --enable-shared-libvlc
This is a piece of code that used to work with JVLC 0.8.x :

String streamID = "v4l:///dev/video0"; String location = "v4l:///dev/video0"; String output = "#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=256,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=64,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=225.0.0.1:1234}}"; jvlcPlayer.vlm.addBroadcast(streamID, location, output, null, true, false); jvlcPlayer.vlm.playMedia(streamID);
And this is the piece of code I am trying to get working with JVLC 0.9 (it is quite the same code) :

String streamID = "v4l:///dev/video0"; String location = "v4l:///dev/video0"; String output = "#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=256,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=64,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=225.0.0.1:1234}}"; jvlcPlayer.getVLM().addBroadcast(streamID, location, output, null, true, false); jvlcPlayer.getVLM().playMedia(streamID);
in this case, the video is playing correcly locally (into a JPanel) but there is no stream generated on the multicast address...

Am I missing something ??

Thanks for helping !

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: JVLC 0.9 and streaming

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 03 Jun 2008 18:37

Give the messages and open a bug report.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

chooo
New Cone
New Cone

Re: JVLC 0.9 and streaming

Postby chooo » 13 Jun 2008 10:34

I finally made it work. So here is how I did to stream a webcam and a microphone on a multicast address :

String videoMedia = "/dev/video0"; String audioMedia = "/dev/dsp"; MediaDescriptor mediaDescriptor = new MediaDescriptor(jvlc, "v4l://"+videoMedia); mediaDescriptor.addOption(":sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,acodec=mpga,vb=256,ab=128,deinterlace}:duplicate{dst=standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=225.0.0.1:1234},dst=display}"); mediaDescriptor.addOption(":v4l-adev="+audioMedia); MediaInstance mediaInstance = mediaDescriptor.getMediaInstance(); mediaInstance.play(); jvlc.setVideoOutput(jpanelVideoContainer);

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”