UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'vlc-control':

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
tarboosh
New Cone
New Cone

UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'vlc-control':

Postby tarboosh » 16 May 2008 06:51

HI,

I have been struggling to get JVLC to work for a two days now and I have finally given up and I am looking for some help :oops:

1. This is what I have done, downloaded the jvlc-linux jar file off http://trac.videolan.org/jvlc/wiki/download page
2. Downloaded jvlc-binary-windows-x86-20070310.zip from http://jvlc.ihack.it/releases/
3. installed vlc 0.8.6f under default directory 'Program Files'
4. Extracted zip file from step 2 and copied the bindings and plugin directory into the VLC loadpoint
5. placed the jar file from step 1 in the VLC loadpoint

6. Compiled the following:

Code: Select all

import org.videolan.jvlc.*; public class VlcClient { public static void main(String[] args) { JVLC jvlc = new JVLC(); try{ jvlc.playlist.add("file:///C:/Project/test.wmv", "test.wmv"); jvlc.playlist.play(-1, null); }catch(VLCException e){ e.printStackTrace(); } jvlc.destroy(); } }
7. Downloaded JNA.jar and placed it in the VLC loadpoint
8. Added the JVLC JAR and JNA.jar files to classpath and when I run VlcClient I get the following exception:

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC>java -Djava.library.path=. VlcClient

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'vlc-control': The specified module could not be found.

at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:114)
at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:157)
at com.sun.jna.Library$Handler.<init>(Library.java:123)
at com.sun.jna.Native.loadLibrary(Native.java:260)
at com.sun.jna.Native.loadLibrary(Native.java:246)
at org.videolan.jvlc.internal.LibVlc.<clinit>(LibVlc.java:41)
at org.videolan.jvlc.JVLC.<init>(JVLC.java:45)
at VlcClient.main(VlcClient.java:5)

One other thing I have even recompiled JVLC.java to load the vlc library prior to jvlc and that did not seem to help, I still get the same exception.

I am unable to find this dll on my machine and not sure how to get it - I searched for libvlc-control.dll and vlc-control.dll and nothing, Please help, I must be doing something wrong since others seems to have gotten it to work. Thanks!

kself
New Cone
New Cone

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'vlc-control':

Postby kself » 21 May 2008 22:58

kself
New Cone
New Cone

Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'vlc-control':

Postby kself » 22 May 2008 02:35

Also, vlc-control.dll is only available in version 0.9 and above. You will have to download a snapshot build.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”