about libvlc-control

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
grabriel
New Cone
New Cone

about libvlc-control

Postby grabriel » 24 Apr 2008 14:57

Hi,
I try to use vlc to add some video features to my c++ project.
Is there some tutorial, mailing or help place somewhere?
I already visit the wiki.developers.org and read the c tutorial, but there is not c++ stuff ! :(

i check the phonon (c++) project which use vlc and in the description i see that phonon use libvlc-control to command vlc. But i don't find resource about this library.

Thanks!

grabriel
New Cone
New Cone

Re: about libvlc-control

Postby grabriel » 02 May 2008 12:41

Is there an easy tuto wich explain how to use libvlc in an c++ application i aleready try to use the one on the wiki but i have compilation error.

Code: Select all

obj\Release\demo.o:demo.cpp:(.text+0x4f)|| undefined reference to `libvlc_exception_init'|

Here the code of tht main.cpp file

Code: Select all

#include <stdlib.h> #include <windows.h> #include <vlc/libvlc.h> using namespace std; int main(){ libvlc_exception_t excp; libvlc_instance_t *inst; int item; char *myarg0 = "-I"; char *myarg1 = "dummy"; char *myarg2 = "--plugin-path=c:\\program files\\videolan\\vlc\\plugins"; char *myargs[4] = {myarg0, myarg1, myarg2, NULL}; char *filename = "d:\\video.avi"; libvlc_exception_init (&excp); inst = libvlc_new (3, myargs, &excp); item = libvlc_playlist_add (inst, filename, NULL, &excp); libvlc_playlist_play (inst, item, 0, NULL, &excp); Sleep (10000); libvlc_destroy (inst); return 0; return 0; }

wangbo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby wangbo » 04 May 2008 07:11

do you link libvlc.lib ?

silvara
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby silvara » 23 Oct 2008 16:20

add #include "libvlc_structures.h" to your libvlc.h file.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”