Audio output does not work well for faster play

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
kaz

Audio output does not work well for faster play

Postby kaz » 24 Dec 2003 07:55

Hi,

I use the Win32 version of 0.6.2 and I just downloaded and started to use 0.7.0 Test2.

With 0.6.2, audio stops when Faster or Slower is used (I mean no auadio) and it starts again when Play is pressed again and audio is always synced with video.

With 0.7.0 Test2, audio output becomes slower when Slower is used. I fact, I like this change. On the other hand, audio keep playing as it is even after the Faster button is pressed. I mean the video is played faster, but the audio is played as usual. So, the video and the audio will soon be out of sync.

-kaz

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 24 Dec 2003 09:35

Yeah, annoying bug isn't it?

fenrir/gibalou, what were the reasons for this again, and is there absolutely no way we can fix this problem?
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 24 Dec 2003 10:46

Reason was just lack of time ;)

Fixed in CVS now.

drewbono

Postby drewbono » 24 Jun 2004 00:25

Using 0.7.2 VLC on MacOS X, when I try to play an MPG (compressed with Sorensen codec and mono audio) and use the "faster" option, the video plays great, but the audio stops completely. Is anyone else having this problem?

joseph5
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby joseph5 » 26 Jun 2004 01:10

Using 0.7.2 VLC on MacOS X, when I try to play an MPG (compressed with Sorensen codec and mono audio) and use the "faster" option, the video plays great, but the audio stops completely. Is anyone else having this problem?
I have this problem in VLC 0.7.2 and Windows 2000.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 26 Jun 2004 13:03

It's expected behaviour.
We could also make is really fast, but it would be so high pitched it would be useless. making it faster AND keep pitch is a difficult and CPU intensive task which seems rather undesired.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”