Hotkeys Customization Problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
chastiser
New Cone
New Cone

Hotkeys Customization Problem

Postby chastiser » 23 Feb 2008 00:40

What an amazing player. But hotkey support is beyond terrible.
First of all WHY FORCE people to use combination of CTRL+ or ALT+ why some commands work without combination and others dont??? Like "space" works for Pause/Play but dont work for anything else WHY??? Why in order to jump I have to do voodoo with my fingers? Mouse wheel scrool is not working with volume controls? You can set up medium jump only with some weird combination.... how the hell do you set these shorcuts properly?

BSPlayer for exampler has a very good hotkey support you can make any key (or combination) do whatever you want but video and audio support is not so great...

Why is it impossible to make "jump" use only > (forward) < (backward) without anything else? Why even with CTRL+, and ALT+. do not work? Why cant I USE ONE FINGER FOR COMMAND I USE ALL THE FREAKING TIME... come on, I want to watch a video NOT PLAY A PIANO!!!!! I dont know how stupid you have to be to make THE MOST USED commands only work with combinations? I never seen a player where in order to jump or raise volume you have to twist your fingers like crazy. When watching a movie THE LAST thing I want to do is press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+UP or something like that to change volume....

end rant.

Question how make "<"(,) ">"(.) to control any kind of jump forward and back (right now only combination of CTRL+ works and not with every button, like letters do not work.
Question how to make mouse wheel to resize video screen?
How to make "up" and "down" only to control volume up, volume down? Now it only works with combination.... ughhh why combinatio? I want to repeat again I dont want to play a piano I want to use ONE FINGER ONLY for conrols just like "space" right now. Is it possible?

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Hotkeys Customization Problem

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 23 Feb 2008 09:22

Next version will address those issues.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

chastiser
New Cone
New Cone

Postby chastiser » 23 Feb 2008 10:22

Splendid. Much love. 8)

Havxen
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Havxen » 22 Mar 2008 12:21

Im having problems to get vlc to listen to my hotkeys. Im having a Merc Zboard Gaming if anyone have any idea of what to do. I really want use the hotkeys that is on my tgb since it so easy to have control only for vlc. I would accept if anyone might found what combo this buttons use so can i maybe put the right combo instead of only use media keyboard next and so on.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”