Watching movies with someone online

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
killerbee123
New Cone
New Cone

Watching movies with someone online

Postby killerbee123 » 14 Jan 2008 15:55

Zync, a research prototype from Yahoo! Research Berkeley, is a plug-in for Yahoo! Messenger. Zync allows you to watch videos together with your friends, in sync and in real time. Instead of just IMing URLs and waiting for your friends to watch, Zync allows you to converse about a video (pausing, jumping back, and watching together with a friend). Both videos stay in sync.
Does anyone know if something like this exists with VLC? Basically if two people had the same video file saved, and wanted to watch it at the same time in sync, how could that be done?

Thanks

3breadt
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
Operating System: Win7 Pro / OS X 10.7

Re: Watching movies with someone online

Postby 3breadt » 14 Jan 2008 16:00

Such a feature is not included in VLC. It could only be done with a separate program or if such a feature were coded for VLC.
-- 3breadt (aka altglass)

DanielSmith
New Cone
New Cone

Postby DanielSmith » 17 Jan 2008 08:01

such function is best described and realized in instant message software.

killerbee123
New Cone
New Cone

Postby killerbee123 » 17 Jan 2008 14:38

such function is best described and realized in instant message software.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say here, so I'll assume you mean this feature would only be useful if it was built-in to instant message software. I disagree because VLC is fine as a standalone program. I just thought a feature like this would be useful, and of course if you needed to chat to someone it could be done using any chat software you want at the same time.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”