Some commands in 'RC' interface not working

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
HyperHacker
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 0.8.6e
Operating System: WinXP SP2

Some commands in 'RC' interface not working

Postby HyperHacker » 08 Jan 2008 09:56

I can't seem to get the 'pause' and 'stop' commands to work properly with the RC interface.
[00000288] rc interface: VLC media player - version 0.8.6d Janus - (c) 1996-2007 the VideoLAN team
[00000288] rc interface:
Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a command-line window, go to the directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I wx"

Remote control interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.2.0cvs from http://dvd.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Could not open F:\Movies\Anim├®\Inuyasha\0034 - Tetsusaiga & Tenseiga.ogm with libdvdcss.
libdvdread: Can't open F:\Movies\Anim├®\Inuyasha\0034 - Tetsusaiga & Tenseiga.ogm for reading
libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec, but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
pause
status change: ( new input: F:\Movies\AnimÚ\Inuyasha\0034 - Tetsusaiga & Tenseiga.ogm )
status change: ( audio volume: 453 )
status change: ( play state: 1 )
pause: returned 0 (no error)
pause
pause: returned 0 (no error)
stop
stop: returned 0 (no error)
status change: ( stop state: 0 )
[00000289] main input error: refcount is 1, delaying again (id=289,type=-7)
[00000289] main input error: waited too long, cancelling destruction (id=289,type=-7)
play
status change: ( stop state: 0 )
play: returned 0 (no error)
I don't know why it complains about not being able to read a DVD (there's no DVD involved here), but that's not the problem. Nothing happens when I enter "pause". You can see the first time it shows some "status change" lines, after that it doesn't. When I enter "stop" I get those "289" lines, about 1 per second, and after that "play" does nothing either. Other commands like "faster" and "slower" do work.
[ PC: WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 250GB HD | 256MB Radeon 9550 | 1.7ghz AMD Sempron | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]
[ Laptop: Gateway MX7515 | WXP Pro SP2 | 1GB RAM | 100GB HD | 128MB Mobility Radeon X600 | 2.6ghz AMD Athlon | VLC 0.8.6e (wxWidgets) ]

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”