Whe VLC supports CD using DTS but Xine does not suppots its?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
sybaselu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Whe VLC supports CD using DTS but Xine does not suppots its?

Postby sybaselu » 01 Sep 2004 10:39

Why do you repair GTK+ GUI in case support VCD? Once i installed Xine (a free mediaplayer as well know) which support a lots of mdeia format but for DTS CD.
As for I insalled VLC for it supports DTS CD , I prefer to Xine than VLC else or.
Xine GUI is very beauful and stable, in particular , it support VCD , DTS DVD , AC-3 DVD , Audio DVD execpt DTS cd, so I selected VLC as my MediaPlayer, but i feel dispointment,
It does not support VCD , after all VLC team is less than XIne's and Xine is popular in many fans around the world

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 01 Sep 2004 13:51

We do not repair the gtk+ gui, because we have moved to the wxwidgets toolkit for our gui. That said, in my oppinion (and nearly everyone I've discussed this with agree) xines gui is utterly horrible and does not work for even the simplest tasks. and dispite a possibly smaller team I think VLC has comparably large userbase compared to xine because vlc has better support for windows and mac and many more people use windows and mac than linux.

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 01 Sep 2004 13:53

btw, when I need xines functionallity over vlc I allways use totem. Totem has a very nice and usable gui

Postby Guest » 02 Sep 2004 03:59

Does it suppotrts CDs with DTS, DVD with DTS and AC-3, VCD ,Mp3? if can, I am keen to get it , where can i get it ? How about it's probablility , stable, and other perference?
For Xine supports VCD and VLC supports CDs with DTS, I want to combine they into a single, is it possiable and easy? that is to say, we abstract CDs with DTS code of VLC source code and add it to XIne !

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 02 Sep 2004 09:08

feel free. but vlc do support VCD.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”