Skin keeps switching back to default!

About usage, announcement and development of skins for VLC
Sseadoubleyou
New Cone
New Cone

Skin keeps switching back to default!

Postby Sseadoubleyou » 13 Nov 2007 03:05

I do not understand how to change my skin and keep it what I change it to. I don't know why this program can't be made more user friendly (it really is confusing-def not 'plug and play' by any means)! Can anyone explain how to keep the darn skin to what I set it too?

Thanks!

ipkiss
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: Skin keeps switching back to default!

Postby ipkiss » 13 Nov 2007 17:07

This is the topic of one of the sticky messages (you know, the ones that you are supposed to read before posting :-)) in this forum.

Sseadoubleyou
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Sseadoubleyou » 13 Nov 2007 17:47

I did read them but I still don't understand. The instructions do not match up to the menus I have in my program. Obviously I'm not the only person having problems with this as there are post after post on these forums regarding this problem. I never had the problem when I was running XP. Now I'm running Vista and for the life of me I can't figure it out.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 17 Nov 2007 20:57

Try changing it through the start menu. While VLC is shut off go to Start -> All Programs -> VideoLAN -> Quick Settings -> Interface -> Set Main Interface to Skinnable. Once you open VLC it should start with the "Default" skin, if you want you can change this to another skin.

Sseadoubleyou
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Sseadoubleyou » 17 Nov 2007 21:00

Ah wow, that worked! Thanks:)

Return to “Skins”