streaming from windows server 2003

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
developprograms
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

streaming from windows server 2003

Postby developprograms » 23 Aug 2007 06:09

i have successfully been able to stream from a windows xp computer to a windows server 2003(although i don't know if sound works because there is no sound on windows server 2003, but the video shows) however i have not been able to stream from a windows server 2003 computer to a windows xp(only os tested) computer. has anyone had any issues w/ this and might be able to help me out? i am not running any firewall on the computer, and have turned off the windows firewall on the computer, and still no stream is getting out from the windows server 2003, also i tried turning on the firewall and i get the same issue.

the server is a dedicated server that i am using through a hosting service to test some streaming code to a java desktop app, and i have been unsuccessfull in streaming using the avreceive and avtransmit in the java realm either, and i think the problems are very related in issue, as they both use rtp. thanks for your help.

any help will be greatly appreciated as I have been messing with this issue on and off in my free time for about a month.

developprograms
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: streaming from windows server 2003

Postby developprograms » 27 Aug 2007 17:05

i apologize for this, i wasn't aware my router was blocking the rtp stream. i thought i had checked it out from not being behind a router, and so it isn't windows server 2003 that is causing the issue.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”