Pre-release: VLC 0.7.0-test2

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes

Pre-release: VLC 0.7.0-test2

Postby zorglub » 17 Dec 2003 01:28

Hello,

The VideoLAN team is pleased to announce the (hopefully) latest beta release before vlc 0.7.0

You can download the source code or binaries packages (currently, Win32, Mac OS X and BeOS are available) from here:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.7.0-test2

Changelog from 0.7.0-test1 mainly includes bugfixes.

For complete list of new features since 0.6.2, please have a look at http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/NEWS

Please report any bugs, by using this forum, or using Bugzilla.
For more details on bug reporting, please look at
http://www.videolan.org/support/bug-reporting.html
Last edited by zorglub on 03 Jan 2004 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

Krypton
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Krypton » 19 Dec 2003 19:56

Performance is great, and the new interface is brilliant on OS X, however:

I still get a great deal of bogus 'Unexpectedly Quit' messages while using the player - i.e. it still continues regardless.

Postby Guest » 19 Dec 2003 23:21

the new version looks and works great for me. but it seems that you have your 16:9 & 4:3 confused when I choose 4:3 it comes up 16:9 and if I choose 16:9 it comes up 4:3 ( in the windows version anyways) this is through the extended GUI

I was just wondering there is no way of saving a play list so one can just call a file from it after shutting down vlc and restarting it ??

zorglub

Postby zorglub » 21 Dec 2003 22:47

but it seems that you have your 16:9 & 4:3 confused
This problem seems to appear rather randomly, depending on the version of the wxWindows library. If we aren't able to find the bug, this feature will probably get removed from the final release
I was just wondering there is no way of saving a play list so one can just call a file from it after shutting down vlc and restarting it ??
In the playlist window, you have, in the manage menu, two options to save and load playlists.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 21 Dec 2003 23:30

The Visualization option should be removed as well I guess. The menu entry for it works supperior to this option.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

geo

Re: Pre-release: VLC 0.7.0-test2

Postby geo » 23 Dec 2003 05:54

I'm working with VLC to run a playlist of files out through the multicast network interface.

This test2 version under windows does not save the outgoing stream information for each file in the playlist. If VLC crashes, one must manually rebuild the playlist to include the UDP stream info.

test1 windows version did the same. Thought I might make a request for the stream output MRL to be included in the playlist save.

thanks for VLC, VLS and this neeto forum.

George

bpaco

Unexpectedly Quit Errors in Panther

Postby bpaco » 29 Dec 2003 08:37

Ever since upgrading to Panther, VLC takes about 20 seconds to load a movie and I can hear my HD churning away. After the movie comes up, VLC gives a message that it has Unexpectedly Quit but stays running. After this, VLC runs fine. This is with all movie formats.

mironicus

packed bitstream

Postby mironicus » 29 Dec 2003 13:49

The latest beta of XVID 1.0 does have the option "packed bitstream" checked as default. However, playback with VLC is stuttering with those avi's encoded with packed bitstream.

kongwee
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kongwee » 31 Dec 2003 02:56

I start play DVD that cannot be play on eariler VLC. The result is that VLC does read the DVD but give a lot of error. Some still not able to play. I' using Panther OS X.

slowpoke

where's libcaca?

Postby slowpoke » 31 Dec 2003 09:33

I was looking forward to run libcaca on dvd's. Can't seem to find it anywhere. I even used advanced options.

btw. i used win32 ver of 0.7.0 test2

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”