Streaming to Amino set top box

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
VV
New Cone
New Cone

Streaming to Amino set top box

Postby VV » 23 Nov 2003 19:42

Hi,

does anybody tried to stream the video to the Amino set top box. If so please describe how to do it.

It is mentioned in the VLC documentation that this is possible, but not how to do it. I have an Amino set top box with my IP TV subscription and I want to use it also for streaming video from my PC.

Cheers, VV

Alexis

Postby Alexis » 23 Nov 2003 20:56

Use VLS or VLC to stream an MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 stream on a multicast address (for example 239.255.12.42) and type in the URL field of the Amino STB igmp://239.255.12.42:1234

VV
New Cone
New Cone

Postby VV » 23 Nov 2003 21:47

Alexis, thanks a lot - your hint helped :)

T-Byrd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby T-Byrd » 24 Nov 2003 20:10

this is a little bit OT, but where might I find an Amino STB to purchase? I'm in the US and can't seem to find anyone who might sell them over here. :cry:

*edit* What does the quality look like on the STB? Just curious.

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2003 21:35

What does the quality look like on the STB? Just curious.
We have a few Aminos at work here. The quality is acceptable. Does anyone know if Amino makes an STB that can handle a HD stream?

VV
New Cone
New Cone

Postby VV » 24 Nov 2003 23:03

this is a little bit OT, but where might I find an Amino STB to purchase? I'm in the US and can't seem to find anyone who might sell them over here. :cry:

*edit* What does the quality look like on the STB? Just curious.
You can find some useful information at http://www.aminocom.com/
Unfortunately, I can not see the shops listed but there is a contact phone number also for the USA.

I find the quality good, although I can not judge very well, because my TV set is rather old. My internet provider has started a new service - IP TV through ADSL. It streams something like 120 channels. The stream is 4Mbit and I must say the whole thing is functioning preety well 8).

The only thing I am not very satisfied with is that the provider boundles a low level Amino 100 series STB, which doesn't have even S-video output. It has only ordinary 3 cinch analog output.
Of course I wanted to watch (and record) the programms also on my PC and the provider recommended connecting video out of the Amino STB to the video in on PC TV card. I definitely wasn't satisfied with that solution.

Fortunately there is the great VLC :wink: that helped in this case. I firstly changed the boundled switch with the ordinary hub so that the multicast UDP packages came also to the PC's network adapter and the rest was done by VLC :D. And not just that - using VLC I can stream any video content to the STB (of course it has firstly to be transcoded to mpeg2).

So VLC and Amino as "partners" really rock.

commiser

Postby commiser » 14 Mar 2004 20:22

what ports are good for trying out on pace boxes to recieve channels anyone know???

zerbit

AminoNet

Postby zerbit » 24 Mar 2004 01:56

Hi all,

What is the max. resolution for the AminoNet, SIF, CIF, ... ?

What is the max. bitrate that AminoNet could manage ?

What is the max. framerate that AminoNet could manage ?

I don´t want web requirements, i would like if anybody has tested it !! ;D

Regards.

Juan Carlos

crapmars@vdn.ca

vls/amino/vlc in service provider environnement...

Postby crapmars@vdn.ca » 16 Apr 2004 17:13

does anyone knows who's VV's video o DSL service provider name... we kind of playing with the same setup here and i am curious.

amirt

ISP Name

Postby amirt » 18 Apr 2004 09:21

Hi VV,

What is the name of your ISP?
How can I subscribe to such a service?

Amir

ant

Postby ant » 09 Jul 2004 20:44

SiOL (Slovenia OnLine) in Slovenia is providing TV over the internet.

http://www.siol.net/tv

asdufisn

Postby asdufisn » 10 Jun 2007 11:47

I'm trying to stream a xvid 16:9 file to a 4:3 television.
It's working but picture is in the upper part of the television. How can I crop the video to 4:3, so it can be played in full-screen?

I found something in the transcode Preferences - crop left, crop right; but it crops video in pixels (so it is not relative to the movie, because of different sizes) .. and on top of that it's not even working.

Any suggestions?

thx

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”