I just downloaded VLC and was wondering if someone could hel

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
divaete
New Cone
New Cone

I just downloaded VLC and was wondering if someone could hel

Postby divaete » 22 Feb 2007 02:03

could someone please help me get my first video onto my ipod? I have looked at the wiki page and another instructional page but i still don't understand :S would someone be willing to help me just to get one video? If you could i would really really appreaciate it!

Thank-you for your time...

Jessica

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 22 Feb 2007 03:01

I'm not sure that I can do better than the wiki page. But here are a few pointers.

1. iPods accept video in MP4v and audio in MP4a (AAC) in an MP4 container.

2. The source video will probably need to be resized during transcoding to fit the screen of your device and the command for resize is based on a percentage of the source size. Stream and Media Info... will show you the source size.

3. Some sources may require fps=<framrate> in the command for transcoding. This must be added manually and equal the source video. Stream and Media Info... will give you the frame rate. Also you can look at messages during the transcode for errors. The rule of thumb is that an MPEG source does not require the command, but most everything else does.

example: :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=768,scale=0.5,fps=25,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner (this is you)\My Documents\My Videos\filename.mp4"}}

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”