Blank Cone

Full Screen skin not showing controls

Postby noobtoob » 06 Apr 2012 12:47

What full screen skins controls work?

Troubleshooting steps:

Updated from 2.0 to 2.0.1.
Cleared %appdata%\roaming\vls settings.
Tried 20+ skins ... nada.

The ONLY reason I wanted a skin was for a full search bar, for better control... but there's no controls.... *sigh*

Note: VLCRC relevant settings:

Code: Select all

# Show controller in fullscreen (string) #global-key-intf-show= # Show controller in fullscreen (string) #key-intf-show=i # Show a controller in fullscreen mode (boolean) #qt-fs-controller=1 # Hide cursor and fullscreen controller after x milliseconds (integer) #mouse-hide-timeout=1000

Is this really the default skin? C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\skins\default.vlt
Because I cannot not resize from the top left corner.....
And the mouse wheel volume control FAILS which caused some obnoxious blasting of audio.
Rude.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Full Screen skin not showing controls

Postby VLC_help » 07 Apr 2012 10:20

So if you use QT4 interface, the fullscreen controller works correctly?

noobtoob
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby noobtoob » 07 Apr 2012 18:57

Yes, works fine.

noobtoob
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby noobtoob » 07 Apr 2012 22:27

Also, since this was being so much trouble, I've installed the latest beta, same issue.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Postby erwan10 » 09 Apr 2012 12:08

What full screen skins controls work?
When in skinned mode, the fullscreen controller is just one more skinned windows provided by the .vlt file. In other words, there will be fullscreen controls if and only if the skins developper has provided such a window for a given skin. Since it is a rather new feature, chances are that many old skins have not been updated to benefit from this new feature.

As a feature request, I guess that falling back on a pre-designed fullscreen controller (the qt4 one, for instance) when no fullscreen controller is shipped for a given skin might make sense ? since today's behavior is definitely to do nothing.
Is this really the default skin? C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\skins\default.vlt
Because I cannot not resize from the top left corner.....
This is the default skin in skinned mode __only__. As a reminder, the qt4 interface doesn't expose its own user interface elements.
And Yes, resizing is enabled from the bottom right corner, never from the top left corner. That's how skins2 was designed long ago and it does make sense.
And the mouse wheel volume control FAILS which caused some obnoxious blasting of audio.
The mouse wheel failing to work was reported as a bug and is fixed in the upcoming release. But I fail to see how this could cause 'some obnoxious blasting of audio'. If it so happens, those two problems are unrelated.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”