progress bar behaviour

Feature requests for VLC.
syl

progress bar behaviour

Postby syl » 04 Jun 2005 16:43

contrary to many player, when you click somewhere in the progress bar, vlc dosen't jump to the position you clicked but act as a scrollbar
so to jump to the position you want, you have to click the cursor and maintain the mouse button.
It's not really a problem, but i think it should be interesting to add another behaviour, for example by using one of the options keys, ie crtl+click on the middle of the progress bar jump to the middle of the media
Thanks

subb

Postby subb » 21 Jun 2005 01:57

I agree completely.

mdi
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby mdi » 21 Jun 2005 15:47

don´t know if this is a good advice, but in skins2 interface the progress bar behaviour is exactly like your request.

maybe it´s a setting in preferences, maybe it´s a new feature added in the newest version ... for me it works

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 21 Jun 2005 17:03

Hello,

The "normal" (not skinnable) interface uses the wxWidgets toolkit.

This toolkit features a scrollbar that has the problem you describe.
So at the moment, we can't really fix this. We are thinking of workarounds, but it won't be for 0.8.2

The skins2 interface uses its own toolkit and we could do what we wanted
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

Yochanan

Postby Yochanan » 23 Jun 2005 23:12

How would I start VLC with Skins 2 by default? It always loads wxWindows even I've selected Skins 2 the last time I used it.

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 24 Jun 2005 01:24

How would I start VLC with Skins 2 by default? It always loads wxWindows even I've selected Skins 2 the last time I used it.
You are probably affected by this bug:
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/223

It's fixed now in nightly builds.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

rbL

Postby rbL » 28 Jun 2005 23:22

yeah it would be great if it's "fixed" and to use ctrl or shift to jump around like it is right now cuse its nice if your speeding trough a movie..

landy
New Cone
New Cone

Postby landy » 03 Jul 2005 20:47

This is a poor "fix" but how hard would it be for one of the talented skiners to create a skin2 skin that looked like wxwindows? no doubt everyone has there own workaround but if you prefere that interface the timeslider can get a bit tiresome.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”