player speed

Feature requests for VLC.
erubin
New Cone
New Cone

player speed

Postby erubin » 07 Aug 2010 12:37

Hello,
1st I would like to say that I am really happy with this project (you probably get it all the time).

Part of the fact that this player really plays everything I use the player to play my video in double speed.
This saves a lot of time since the quality of the video preserved and you get used to "hear faster".
Benefit, I save a lot of time and can rent more videos each day.

Problem, my friends are not so happy in double speed, and I was wondering if possible to add a feature that speeds up the video in a user-defined portion (i.e x1.4 or x1.1).
This way it will be faster (and probably accepted by my friends), and I could get rid of them earlier then the common 90min of the video duration :twisted:

Thanks,
er.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: player speed

Postby Lotesdelere » 07 Aug 2010 13:40

The feature already exists: right click on the speed indicator in the bottom right corner of the window (default display is: 1.00x) then select the speed you want to use.

posix
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby posix » 08 Aug 2010 00:37

please allow profiles for x0.5, x1.0, x1.5, x2.0, x3.0 .... etc which can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts. ideally, let users assign these profiles by themselves so they aren't dependent on what vlc comes with.

currently, i only know the [ ] = keys will allow you to fine-increase/decrease and reset playback speed. it's very nice and the best fast-forward feature i've seen on any media player, but when using this extensively it's a little tiresome to always manually hold ] until you reach x3.0 or x5.0.

erubin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby erubin » 08 Aug 2010 09:35

Thanks guys!
This is very helpful, I bet I am gonna use it a lot!

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”