Oversized display file browser for TV output

Feature requests for VLC.
Tiribulus
New Cone
New Cone

Oversized display file browser for TV output

Postby Tiribulus » 04 May 2010 13:22

I love VLC, but what would make it the unchallenged monarch of all media players would be an equivalent to Gom Player's "Easy Browser". This is for opening files using TV out from a computer. It displays the files in the file browser in a very oversized display on a television so you can read the filenames. I have to count files when trying to use VLC on my TV because it is too small and low res to read the filenames. Very very frustrating. GOM's "easy browser" is perfect for TV use, but GOM doesn't have the file support that VLC does. I understand that if there is no demand for this it won't happen, but thought I'd mention it as it's been killin me for a couple years.
Thanks,

inord777
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Oversized display file browser for TV output

Postby inord777 » 16 Feb 2014 22:12

Yes, i needs this.

videodon
New Cone
New Cone

Postby videodon » 10 Jan 2015 20:31

That's not a bad suggestion but I'd rather have the ability to see over-sized text as part of a file manager/browser instead of having it built into a video player itself. It really should be up to the OS interface or rather its file browser/manager/explorer to be able to use your computer on a TV screen from several feet away, not a video player's interface.

If anyone is using Windows as I do, then you might like the free file explorer program called Q-Dir, it has a magnifier which you can turn on and off easily by shortcut, it makes it possible to easily see your files from a distance, unfortunately it is not yet possible to click on a file with the magnifier's cursor itself but I figure it is only a matter of time until the feature is built in since that seems to be what the programmer has in mind. Besides the program is still relatively new and a work in progress.

Jonathan42
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Jonathan42 » 08 Sep 2015 06:32

Yes, i needs this too.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”