Next version request

Feature requests for VLC.
ModelBehavior
New Cone
New Cone

Next version request

Postby ModelBehavior » 02 Feb 2010 15:49

Hey 1.0.5 works great! Even the sound is good, although I have my player playing in Club, 2-pass, at +13.0db as my default. LOL. Here are my requests, in order of importance ---

Request #1: Get rid of the friggin CONE! ... The entire internet is "under construction" 24/7, we don't need 'a cone' to remind us that there are any 'works in progress.' :lol: ---- (Why not have a VLC icon contest? - Today!)

Request #2: Thunder-pumping audio setting for 2-channel MOVIES. "Club" works, but it's nowhere near as "rich" as it should be.

Thanks! Keep up the great work! ---- Remember, no cone for 1.0.6!

Note: Thunder-pumping audio can be found in Cyberlink's Power DVD and Nero 7 Ultra Enhanced without any additional adjustments, just copy their drivers and settings (basically).

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Next version request

Postby VLC_help » 02 Feb 2010 17:17

just copy their drivers and settings (basically).
?
Their code is copyrighted binary. We just can't put it to VLC like that.

ModelBehavior
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ModelBehavior » 02 Feb 2010 23:46

I know, I didn't mean to literally copy copyrighted codecs. I meant to copy the method, but write your own. If you say that Cyberlink and Nero write their codes in binary, then perhaps that's the way for VLC to go too. It obviously makes a big difference. My sub-woofer thunders when using their players, not so with VLC or GOM. :)

But at any rate, get rid of "the cone." It might be negatively affecting VLC's performance. (joke) You never know. :wink:

nbenford
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nbenford » 03 Feb 2010 02:23

Are you talking about changing the EQ presets? No preset is going to be as good as figuring out how to tweak the EQ yourself. Variables like the room you're listening in and the speakers, amp and converter you're using change the sound too. How can a preset predict that? Some truth: in major studios throughout the world, including the people that mixed the music or movie you're listening to, they don't use an EQ on the speakers. They keep everything flat. If you need more boom, and you're listening to professionally recording stuff, then your room, speakers or amp need addressing first. For optimal sound that is... Otherwise, make your own EQ setting, customized to your setup. Read up on what an EQ is and how it works.

I do agree on getting rid of the traffic cone icon, although there is a story behind it from the early days of VLC. It really probably should go, now, though. It's time. I've shown people the wonders of VLC before only to have them be discouraged from use because of the cone icon! Seriously! It put them off the program. They thought it looked incomplete or unprofessional, or just plain nonsensical.

ale5000
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
Operating System: Windows

Postby ale5000 » 06 Feb 2010 17:50

I like the vlc icon, it is just a matter of opinion.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”