Custom Video Frame Size

Feature requests for VLC.
text
New Cone
New Cone

Custom Video Frame Size

Postby text » 23 Jul 2009 04:14

Hi. I'm kind of new to VLC player because I'm stubborn and refuse to switch when I've never had a problem with my previous media player. However, with all the raves going on about VLC player and how fantastic it is, I decided to give a spin.

Well, I love it much more than my previous video player. I used Media Player Classic (MPC) and the one feature I really liked about MPC that I don't see on VLC is the ability to adjust the Video Frame Size to a custom size. For example: When I'm in full screen mode on MPC, I can use the number pad to customize the stretching of the video frame. I can't seem to do this with VLC player. I would very much like to see this implementation. Perhaps it's already there and if so, can you tell me how to enable it?

Thanks for your help,
-Text

PS. I know you can already adjust the video frame size to a predetermined ratio in the right click context menu but this clearly isn't the same. Try MPC and play a movie in full screen and use the number pad on the right of your keyboard to adjust the size. You'll see what I mean. I like that feature a lot. If VLC had this feature, I would just simply uninstall MPC.

erwan10
Developer
Developer

Re: Custom Video Frame Size

Postby erwan10 » 23 Jul 2009 12:08

Did you try the 'o', alt-'o' and alt-shift-'o' hotkeys in fullscreen mode ?

Erwan10

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”