Customizable playback speed

Feature requests for VLC.
bashi
New Cone
New Cone

Customizable playback speed

Postby bashi » 15 Jul 2009 19:45

Following what has been said in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=62058), playback speed may be adjusted, but there is no way to set a customized playback speed that remains constant when playing a list.
So a feature that permitted to save a default playback speed setting other than the x1.00 would be useful.

Treven
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Customizable playback speed

Postby Treven » 29 Oct 2009 14:47

There are many many threads with people asking how to do this on the help forums. Very many people want this feature to listen to audio books and video lectures. It's particularly important with the rise in usage of mobile devices like android phones.

davidhayes
New Cone
New Cone

Lock Playback Speed

Postby davidhayes » 29 Nov 2009 17:20

I would like to "third" this feature (in the thread), though I think it's more clear if we refer to it as "Lock Playback Speed," because VLC already allows you to customize playback speed.

I'd like to see a simple check that would lock the speed at whatever I've got it across files/tracks. I'm mostly agnostic as to whether the speed you're set at would be session specific (as Windows Media Player's is) or persistent across both instances and time--I probably favor per-session, but that may be simply out of habit.

The checkbox I want could be either a preference, where one chooses they prefer play-speed locking all the time or don't, or one that's by the play-speed controls in both the file bar and the information bar. Here I'd favor the latter for simplicity, but the former would certainly increase new-feature-visibility. The third option is just to change the behavior without making it a preference, but some may like not needing to reset to 1x at track transitions (I certainly don't).

jjabrams
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jjabrams » 29 Jun 2011 17:04

is this feature still in the pipeline - 2 years since last post?

It would be handy to have if you have 10 chapters of an audiobook where you want to lock the playback speed to be the same on all.
All that would be needed is a lock button to fix the playback speed. When vlc exits, it is reset.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 29 Jun 2011 17:22

Use VLC 1.2, where it is implemented.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”