SIMPLE speed control buttons PLEASE

Feature requests for VLC.
Arbie
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

SIMPLE speed control buttons PLEASE

Postby Arbie » 05 Jul 2009 20:30

PLEASE give us some basic "speed up" and "slow down" and ESPECIALLY "return to normal speed" buttons. Trying to do this via hot-keys is much harder since you have to remember the settings, and it takes constant attention to return to normal speed.

Why are there "skin contests" when simple usability features still aren't there? I do appreciate the dev's efforts and I want VLC to be my player of choice, but every time I fire it up stuff like this frustrates me.

Thx
Arbie

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Re: SIMPLE speed control buttons PLEASE

Postby Arite » 05 Jul 2009 22:35

PLEASE give us some basic "speed up" and "slow down" and ESPECIALLY "return to normal speed" buttons. Trying to do this via hot-keys is much harder since you have to remember the settings, and it takes constant attention to return to normal speed.
Assuming you are using Windows/Linux (i.e. the Qt4 interface), the speed up/slow down buttons are at the ends of the seek bar/slider. Also if you look at the status bar (bottom of window) the current speed is displayed. Right click on that you can you adjust a vertical slider to your desired speed.

Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

vlc_fan-01
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby vlc_fan-01 » 06 Jul 2009 01:07

Arite is right :)
My posts =for my click only=

"Don't blame me, I didn't do it" - Krusty the Clown

Arbie
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Arbie » 06 Jul 2009 01:16

Thanks! I thought those were "Jump to Beginning" and "Jump to End", because of their position. It was hard to believe that VLC didn't have such controls, but I'm too used to assuming the worst.

It would still be nice to have a "resume normal speed" function in there somewhere, but this solves one of my main problems with the program.

Arbie

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”