Fullscreen Controls

Feature requests for VLC.
flocki

Fullscreen Controls

Postby flocki » 29 Nov 2004 19:55

I there planned, to add playback controls when in fullscreen? this would finally make vlc THE media player.

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 29 Nov 2004 23:22

Hello,

There already are simple control via the popup menu and hotkeys

An OSD interface is more than planned, it is currently being developed. It _should_ be included in the next release.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

travisbell
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby travisbell » 12 Dec 2004 01:51

Thank you, thank you!

I have been awaiting this for almost a year!

w00t!
--
Travis Bell

Postby Guest » 13 Dec 2004 03:59

I always loved Zoom Player's option to configure the mouswheel in combination with a "click on the middle-mouse button". Could something like this be implemented in a future version of VLC.

To elaborate a bit on that feature.

By pressing the mouse wheel in Zoom Player one is able to change/switch the (previously configured) function of the mouse-wheel.

e.g volume (up/down) -> middle click -> skip (foreward/backward) -> middle click -> jump (foreward/backward) -> middle click -> volume ...

Also I'm missing an option to put a "play"/"pause" option on the left button, but I might have missed that one in the config menu.

Those features would strongly increase the use-your-mouse-as-a-remote-control-features of VLC

Thanks for listening.

travisbell
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby travisbell » 13 Dec 2004 04:25

I always loved Zoom Player's option to configure the mouswheel in combination with a "click on the middle-mouse button". Could something like this be implemented in a future version of VLC.

To elaborate a bit on that feature.

By pressing the mouse wheel in Zoom Player one is able to change/switch the (previously configured) function of the mouse-wheel.

e.g volume (up/down) -> middle click -> skip (foreward/backward) -> middle click -> jump (foreward/backward) -> middle click -> volume ...

Also I'm missing an option to put a "play"/"pause" option on the left button, but I might have missed that one in the config menu.

Those features would strongly increase the use-your-mouse-as-a-remote-control-features of VLC

Thanks for listening.
That would be nice, I agree. The only thing I would like to mention is the fact that I was planning on using Apple's Bluetooth mouse (one mouse button) as a remote control and it would be more beneficial to have a decent on screen controller. Ie. move the mouse a small controller appears with your basic, play/pause, next track, volume control.

I do hear ya though, being able to customize the controls to your mouse buttons... very sweet.

Cheers,
--
Travis Bell

afan

Postby afan » 24 Dec 2004 17:32

I just would love something along the lines of a seek bar for full screen controls.

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2005 21:21

The hotkey helps a lot and the On Screen Display is great! But sometimes iwould be better to have controls even in full screen like MS Windows Media Player.... in VLC you can forward/rewind 10sec, 1 min and 5 minutes using hotkeys but sometime having a progress bar gives better control.... also show the playlist in full screen would be useful...

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 06 Jan 2005 03:39

OSD controls are being implemented (with progress bar and all). It should work as any other interface (the only difference being that it is OSD)

vout

Full screen

Postby vout » 22 Jan 2005 09:43

My status: user

Mac OS X 10.3.7

Fullscreen just hangs have to quit application to get back to desktop.

akaidiot
New Cone
New Cone

Postby akaidiot » 28 Aug 2005 19:52

I think VLC should immitate, or just rip off, the interface from MPC. It is perfect!

Gee

Full Screen Mode

Postby Gee » 08 Sep 2005 20:23

I would like to see an option for automatically minimizing the small video screen when selecting full screen mode and then of course automatically maximizing the small video screen when full screen mode is exited. A little check box or something to enable disable a feature like this would be great.

For those of us with two monitors we will often have the player interface on primary monitor and have it full screen on the second monitor. With the new ability to have these interfaces docked with each other it is only natural to end up having the video screen withe the main interface controls. What currently happens when going into full screen mode the empty frame work of the small video screen is still standing.

(Skins2)

Thanks

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2005 15:21

As posted elsewhere (on General forum), I've the control window (the one with the menus, the progressing slide, etc.) always on top, even in fullscreen (well, not with sdl output, but with others, like x11, xv and opengl).

If this behaviour is not a bug, then I want to add my voice to this topic as a fullscreen feature request: would be very nice if the fullscreened video stay always on top of the control window, no matter the used output !

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”