Sort by Date

Feature requests for VLC.
cgrymala
New Cone
New Cone

Sort by Date

Postby cgrymala » 24 Sep 2008 03:36

Greetings, friends!
I am very impressed by the amount of work that has gone into VLC and how versatile it is on Linux. However, one major stumbling block is keeping me from using it as my sole media player in Linux.

I would love to see the ability to sort items by their release date. When I create a play list from all of the albums by one artist, I would like to be able to easily sort my playlist according to the album's release date (then, obviously by track number).

Personally, I currently have nearly 7,000 items in my digital music library. For almost every artist in my collection, I have at least two different albums (in some cases, I have more then 10 different albums by the same artist). Let's say I decide I want to listen to my R.E.M. catalog. To me, it seems silly to listen to their new album Accelerate (2008) before I listen to Murmur (1983), Out of Time (1993) or Reckoning (1984) (which is a sampling of how they would play if played in alphabetical order).

I understand that everybody on the dev team is busy, and that this is not a priority. I look forward to seeing this feature in a future version of VLC. Thank you for your consideration.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Sort by Date

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 24 Sep 2008 06:45

Ok, we could do that, I guess.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

finiderire
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Sort by Date

Postby finiderire » 25 Jun 2010 22:22

Hello,

I also would like to be able to sort playlist by date.
I mean I have 3 videos, named "morning", "evening" and "afternon".
In Windows Explorer I can list them ordered by date : "morning", "afternoon" and "evening".
In VLC playlist I can not sort them by date and I find that is...silly. Don't you ? In fact I have dozens of videos I need to play ordred by date....

a+, =)
-=Finiderire=-

Configuration :
Windows 7 x64
VLC 1.1.0

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”