Option to make the Control panel in FSmode larger

Feature requests for VLC.
MadlyMad
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Option to make the Control panel in FSmode larger

Postby MadlyMad » 18 Sep 2008 12:38

Hi

here is what could be nice imho, to have for example 3 width size possible for the Control Panel in Fullscreen mode,
Normal : as it is now
Medium : between both :mrgreen:
Big/Full : like this :

its more handy for long videos (movies), cause moving the timeline bar wont make you jump 3 minutes by mistake, it's more sharp this way.

Thanks

Win XP SP2, vlc 0.9.2

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Option to make the Control panel in FSmode larger

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 18 Sep 2008 23:35

Then why not putting all on ONE line ?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

MadlyMad
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MadlyMad » 18 Sep 2008 23:56

Was just a proposition right, didn't say it Must be exactly like this =)

but, you mean the navigation slider between play/pause controls and the volume slider, right ?
well, i m not sure it would be the best solution, it wouldn't be bad for sure, but not the best cause :
- As this control panel appears only a few seconds, its height (Y size) isn't that important.
- This way the navigation bar is larger.
- And to quibble, the features play/pause and volume are potentially often use, so it's better and faster-to-use to have them in the middle bottom, close enough.

edit : or we can put play/pause and volume together, on the left, or on the right of the navigation bar, but I'm not sure it would be so handsome looking.

SilverPaladin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby SilverPaladin » 20 Sep 2008 22:36

only thing i would need in fullscreencontrols is timeline, and audio controls, maybe playlist button to show playlist.
the timeline in it`s actual fullscreencontrol seize is too small for large files.
i`m controling play/pause with the spacebar, don`t think that there is realy a button needed.
to change from fullscreen to window mode and reverse i always use the doubleklick in video, so this button is also unnecessary.
maybe i`m the only one who thinks so.

there should be an alternativ size to the actual one, or at least make the controls changeable in size.

MadlyMad
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MadlyMad » 20 Sep 2008 22:50

i`m controling play/pause with the spacebar, don`t think that there is realy a button needed.
That's what i was wondering yes, but actually... if you have a Wireless mouse, a not a wireless keyboard, this way you can fully control the video at distance with mouse only :wink:

hfswjyr
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby hfswjyr » 21 Sep 2008 11:29

only thing i would need in fullscreencontrols is timeline, and audio controls, maybe playlist button to show playlist.
the timeline in it`s actual fullscreencontrol seize is too small for large files.
to change from fullscreen to window mode and reverse i always use the doubleklick in video, so this button is also unnecessary.
maybe i`m the only one who thinks so.

there should be an alternativ size to the actual one, or at least make the controls changeable in size.
I do the same as you (use shortcuts to control functions), but believe it or not, many people will not know this, and therefore they do need those buttons. Just like how I can use F5 to refresh and alt+home to go to homepage in browsers, but browsers will always be built with those buttons available.

One thing that has been mentioned, is if its possible we can have a 'drag and drop' customizable interface. Drag in the buttons we need, drag out the buttons we dont' need.

MadlyMad
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MadlyMad » 21 Sep 2008 13:30

One thing that has been mentioned, is if its possible we can have a 'drag and drop' customizable interface. Drag in the buttons we need, drag out the buttons we dont' need.
I have no coding knowledge, I believe its quite some works, but I thought to that too :wink: , like eMule Skins does (Or Firefox which is more powerful on this feature), its so smooth to use Image

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 21 Sep 2008 22:08

I would like to not focus on features requests like this now. The FS controller will be larger anyway in 0.9.3
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

MadlyMad
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby MadlyMad » 21 Sep 2008 22:21

Thanks Image

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”