Remember last playlist

Feature requests for VLC.
rayne
New Cone
New Cone

Remember last playlist

Postby rayne » 28 Aug 2008 09:53

VLC crashes quite often on my Mac OS X, and it's a little annoying having to reconstruct my last playlist over and over again. Therefore I'd love to see a "session saver" or something, which automatically reconstructs the last playlist.

I've tried it with saving the playlist and then loading it again, but unfortunately that doesn't really work out because it doesn't recognize added folders without double-clicking them again first. Also, my playlist changes quite frequently and therefore it's not much use having to make backups of the playlist like every day.

Update: A session saver could also be useful for other settings besides the playlist. I have two screens, and whenever VLC crashes I have to manually change the video output screen to screen 2 again.

Riley
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Remember last playlist

Postby Riley » 30 Aug 2008 00:00

Yes, I second this request. I'd really like to have VLC remember playlist and start with the last file played.

I have some really long playlists and it would be great if I could easily start up again after a restart.

rraallvv
New Cone
New Cone

Postby rraallvv » 29 May 2010 16:14

I would like that too, though vlc could remember the last file played and the second where I was listening.

I listen to a couple of learning podcast, and I would like just opening the playlist and continueing where I was.

Farow
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Farow » 09 Jun 2010 05:28

VLC crashes quite often on my Mac OS X, and it's a little annoying having to reconstruct my last playlist over and over again. Therefore I'd love to see a "session saver" or something, which automatically reconstructs the last playlist.

I've tried it with saving the playlist and then loading it again, but unfortunately that doesn't really work out because it doesn't recognize added folders without double-clicking them again first. Also, my playlist changes quite frequently and therefore it's not much use having to make backups of the playlist like every day.

Update: A session saver could also be useful for other settings besides the playlist. I have two screens, and whenever VLC crashes I have to manually change the video output screen to screen 2 again.
And why does VLC crash again ?

Conditioned
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Conditioned » 20 Aug 2010 19:23

It doesnt really matter,. in the this context why it crashes. Ofc it should save settings. Doesn´t need to be default ofc, but an option for this would be really nice (like mpc :)

MakoSDV
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MakoSDV » 08 Jan 2011 14:58

I need this same functionality. If you're watching a playlist that contains 30 or 50 items, you can't watch in one sitting so maybe you shut down the computer in between, but now you've completely lost your place in the playlist.

I've been using TCMP all these years because it's the only one I've found that works the way I need it to; even though it hasn't been updated in years and often crashes in Vista/Win7. I try out VLC and other players every once in a while but I always find them lacking and go back to TCMP.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”