Postby disho » 24 Nov 2003 16:02

subtitles position to black bars

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 25 Nov 2003 02:25

At the moment not possible. (i think you mean in the blackbars that are ADDED to video? These blackbars are not actual video. it's part of the black window in which we draw our video.
Subtitles are drawn within the video, and not within the window, therefore are subtitle code does not know there are blackbars and is physically limited to draw in that code.

In the future we plan to add support for "padding" where we add black 'video' to the video in an earlier state, much like cropping where you remove video from the movie. However this may take some time to implement.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Improved Subtitle support in general?

Postby Guest » 26 Nov 2003 17:13

Hey, I was just wondering if you planned on adding extra subtitle compatibility/features? some .srts don't appear to be supported, and the only option for subtitles at the moment is white; it would be nice if you could select one colour for the inside, and another for the outside so that they are always easy to read

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby The DJ » 26 Nov 2003 17:54

Please send us those unsupported .srt so we can figure out what is wrong with them.

in the next release subtitles will have a black outline, but you cannot yet select the color. in the future this will undoubtely become possible, but the timeframe is unknown.

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2003 03:21

Is there any particular address you want the srt sent to ?

Woden

Postby Woden » 03 Dec 2003 22:54

I wish to second disho's request for the ability to have the subtitles appear in the letterbox border. Additionally, I would greatly appreciate control over subtitles' color and size (specifically referring to ogm files; I've never used an external subtitle file, so I don't know whether this feature would be beneficial in that context). Finally, the ability to have subtitles drawn to a floating window would be useful for ease of reading when not watching video in fullscreen mode.

VLC is great stuff, and I appreciate the effort that is put into it. Thanks a lot. : )

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby The DJ » 03 Dec 2003 23:12

Please send it to hartman at videolan.org

n3twork
New Cone
New Cone

Postby n3twork » 05 May 2007 17:14

Would it be more fesable to select the location of the subtitle? Either top or bottom? Or perhaps have the ability to select where it is (example would be xbmc)

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”