several features

Feature requests for VLC.
Asim
Cone that earned his stripes

several features

Postby Asim » 18 Feb 2006 14:07

well just a request for several features...

firstly... an update of the skins2 create page??? seems that playtree is missing from there? dunno what else might be missing.

2. something that can read the entire playlist to get the length of all the files combined? e.g. $A (All Time)

3. now i dont know how quicktime player does it... but it seems that all audio in the h.264 videos is played in 5.1, however playing these videos in VLC results in 2 channel audio...

4. cloning of audio in 2 channel mode for those that have 4+ speakers... so that atleast they can get a "surround" effect... even though its an el-cheapo method.

- Asim

Asim

Postby Asim » 21 Feb 2006 14:00

hmm... nobody replied yet...

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 21 Feb 2006 17:08

1/ Yup, i need to update that. I'll try to do it tonight.

2/ That would require some core changes (since we can't always guess the file's length without begining to read it). It might be available in some future versions but not in the near future.

3/ I've never actually used 5.1 sound in VLC (since i only have 2 speakers). I think that you have to enable 5.1 sound in the audio prefs.

4/ This is also something we would like to do. (having M speakers output sound designed for N speakers where M > N)
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”