Logitech Media Play Mouse Support

Feature requests for VLC.
palehorse
New Cone
New Cone

Logitech Media Play Mouse Support

Postby palehorse » 23 Oct 2005 04:37

I have been using VLC for a good while now and do like this media player above all others. I just purchased a Logitech Media Play Cordless Mouse which I love this mouse. I have the ability to pause/play from up to aprox 10 feet away. I use my computer as a media machine since I have no TV and download everything.

The VLC Media player is not supported as one of the options. I was however able to use the forward & back buttons on this player which did cause the player to advance and go back aprox 10-15 seconds on each tap. I like this part and would like it if you held the button down that it would go quick to scan through a video so you would not have to keep tapping in 10-15 second intervals.

This feature does not work on WMP9 or WMP players that are supported by the mouse.

The other features (pause/play) did not work and the player is not an option of players when configuring the mouse.

The mouse also has a next/previous button and on WMP9 it did nothing as far as video, perhaps audio it would work for going to and from the next tracks.

So this is my request to the developers, create the ability for my Logitech Media Play Cordless Optical Mouse to work with your player including the forward/back buttons.

lipnasty

play/pause

Postby lipnasty » 09 Jan 2006 00:37

i went to hotkeys settings under interface and assigned play/pause to ctrl-alt-p. then you can assingn the media button to keystroke command ctrl-alt-p

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”