Playlist ID3 Tag Options

Feature requests for VLC.
polskikrol
New Cone
New Cone

Playlist ID3 Tag Options

Postby polskikrol » 13 Dec 2006 07:52

I definitely want to use VLC as a replacement for Winamp but it still needs a little work.

Is there anyway to set options for the way in which files are displayed in the playlist? Currently I am using the default skins2 and when I load files the full path is displayed. After I double click the file and play it then just the name of the song is displayed. Is there anyway to set options of what I want displayed? For instance, just the filename and not directory path or if I want to display ID3 info such as [Track# - Artist - Track]. Also, would be nice if this info would autoload and not just display the info after you double click the file to play it. Any help and or comments on this one?

bicho
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bicho » 10 Feb 2007 03:03

I come from winamp too and I miss this feature, is there a way to do it?

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 11 Feb 2007 06:29

I also asked this same question in the “Skins” topic, and this is the suggestion I got:

JoeTheZombie Wrote:
Well, skin developers have two choices when it comes to the playlist. "Tree structure" indeed shows the file hierarchy. If you change the skin to the "default" skin and look at the playlist, it is "Tree".

The other option is "Flat", and is what I used in the WMP11 skin, as I prefer a flat layout.

If you want to change this skin to use the Tree structure instead, simply unzip the .vlt file (it's just a .zip file with a renamed extension). Open up the theme.xml file in a text editor, and on line 257, change flat="true" to flat="false". Now insert the changed .xml file back into the archive, over-writing the original.
:?: Well I hope someone understands this. :lol:

cos179
New Cone
New Cone

Why Full Path Why?

Postby cos179 » 12 Feb 2007 11:54

Firstly thanks for this topic.

All the efforts I made, I can't manage to add my video files without the full path into a playlist. In the case of wmp11 skin, yes it displays files names only for mp3s but for video files it display full path, like "c:\myvidoefiles\friends\s03-Iloveyou.avi" and this is really boring when playing this kind of files.

Any help appreciated.

juanb
New Cone
New Cone

Same problem

Postby juanb » 14 Mar 2007 15:38

I'm using the portable version (portableapps.com) so... there's no way just to show the file name? very annoying.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 14 Mar 2007 17:51

Don’t know if this helps much, but in VLC v0.9.0 it actually seems to work - displaying both the file name and or the meta information. If you’re curious and want to try a nightly build, then here you go: http://nightlies.videolan.org./ it is a little unstable, so use at your own discretion.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”