DAAP/UPnP Serving

Feature requests for VLC.
Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

DAAP/UPnP Serving

Postby Gibalou » 19 Nov 2006 13:09

Having VLC acting as a DAAP/UPnP server would be quite cool. It would probably make a lot of sense as well due to the number of media formats it supports and its transcoding abilities.

This probably will have to be implemented as an interface module due to the fact that it needs to export the current playlist to clients. There will also need to be a stream output component but that part probably won't require much work....

Actually the whole thing would probably look like another VLM... altough probably substantially simpler... hmmm

This needs more thoughts anyway.

DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: y
Operating System: windows 10 64bit Pro

Postby DGMurdockIII » 21 Nov 2006 15:04

could this help if your trying to connect to internet radio and you have a router

fcollingwood
New Cone
New Cone

Postby fcollingwood » 12 Apr 2007 02:53

Bump

I'd be very interested in this functionality.

I have TVersity currently running on a W2K3 AD controller (xp2400 + 2GB RAM), but I'd prefer to run something like VideoLAN on my Linux NAS/SAN box (2 X MP1800 + 1GB RAM). Reason is, the W2K3 box is pretty loaded, and I require transcoding, as the Roku HD1000/Photobridge is only capable of playing mpeg2 streams. I am using MPlay on Roku, which is UPnP capable, and really do want the UPnP functionality on my server.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”