VLC Media Player for PalmOS

Feature requests for VLC.
JackalMaster

VLC Media Player for PalmOS

Postby JackalMaster » 21 Nov 2005 21:41

VLC is already, for me, the best multimedia player ever... and his strengh is due to its ability to read nearly all media types possibles, AND ALMOST BECAUSE VLC IS SUPPORTED BY MANY OS.
Also, wouldn't you find well that VLC support PalmOS ?
More and more palm handheld DO have the required configuration to play DivX films, videos,...
So I told me : "Why the PocketPC and not the Palm ?" (because VLC for PcketPC already exist)
This could be a great feature, for sure, and this could increase the user community...

JackalMaster

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 23 Nov 2005 15:36

PalmOS doesn't support multi-threading on the contrary to PocketPC. That's the major reason why we can't support it. VLC would almost have to be completely re-written because of this. Additionally, no-one in the team owns a PalmOS-device...
Please search the forum for more information on this topic.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

brass2themax
New Cone
New Cone

Postby brass2themax » 09 Nov 2006 01:10

My palmOne Zire 72s runs on an Intel PXA27x processor, and it handles TCPMP (another open source media player) just fine. So there is no way VLC Media Player can compete with this on the PalmOS then?

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 11 Nov 2006 19:53

Best way would be hire PalmOS Guru to do the conversion. It is far from trivial and it would prolly need good know how from Palm OS architecture.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”