ActiveX

Feature requests for VLC.
plies_aw
New Cone
New Cone

ActiveX

Postby plies_aw » 10 Feb 2006 12:26

Hello -
I would ask if it might be possible to build an add-on, or something else to give the user, or Developer (useing ActiveX) the possibility to change the Background Color or Background Image of the VLC - Player if no Video is playing.
For Example, I use the ActiveX plugin in a Web Site. The ActiveX plugin use the Parameter Autoplay = "true". When the site is loading and the ActiveX Object is loaded it shows the cone for a while. I want to show, during loading the ActiveX Document and playing the movie an other Image or just the Background Color from the HTML Document.
In my opion is this feature for professional use recommend. The cone looks funky and (sorry) noway professional.
Maybe a lettering "VLC" will be a nice alternative, too.

If it would be possbile to change the Picture / Color over a Parameter like the Autoplay function, I'm really glad.

I would be really nice to have this feature in one of the next ActiveX plugin versions.

Thanks,
Plies

S.

Postby S. » 12 Feb 2006 12:29

I guess this might seem like a trivial cosmetic thing, but although the cone on a white background looks great in the VLC Media Player, it does stand out a bit when used in a 3rd party application. I think "funky" is a nice way of putting it. It would be great if you could just have a black background instead. Thanks.

mrambhatla
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mrambhatla » 08 Nov 2006 17:41

I just wanted to add my vote to the request.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”