Requests for Hotkeys

Feature requests for VLC.
rosewood
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Requests for Hotkeys

Postby rosewood » 14 Jun 2006 21:45

1) Unless there is some weird limitation I don't know about, shouldn't numbers be allowed as hotkeys too?
2) How about a keypress detector for the hotkey dialog? So it says "Press your key", you press it and then check off the modifiers (ctrl, alt, shift).
3) Somewhere on the hotkeys changing screen, it really should say that the changes won't take effect until you close VLC and open it again.
4) A "this key is already in use" checker would be nice as well.

Just a few things I observed while working with hotkeys this week.

yoann
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby yoann » 14 Jun 2006 21:53

Some improvements to the hotkeys system are indeed needed :).
We've created a ticket supposedly planned for next release:
see http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/303

dsunde
New Cone
New Cone

More hotkeys

Postby dsunde » 03 Jul 2006 23:20

There are a few more features that we should have the ability to assign to a hotkey, specifically:

1) Turn subtitles off (instead of cycling through all the languages and subtitle tracks to get back to off, we should be able to toggle subtitles on/off with one key without changing the selected track.)

2) Set a bookmark with one keystroke in full screen mode.

3) Go to the root menu with one keystroke.

thany
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby thany » 04 Jul 2006 01:06

I'd also be nice if more actions could be added. For instance, I'm missing the half/normal/double size to assign hotkeys to. Almost all other players assign them Ctrl+1-3 or Alt+1-3, so I was a little surprized to see that doesn't work and is not configurable...

Oh and, alternative hotkeys for one action. Zoomplayer can toggle fullscreen with either Alt+Enter or Z, to name just one example.

Another thing I just found that in windows the right Alt doesn't work. Probably has to do with my US-international keyboard layout, but hopefully it's fixable :)

rosewood, a keypress detector might not be neccesary, because windows has a native hotkey control in which you can just press whichever hotkey you need to use. I'm sure other platforms have a similar control ;)
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Lurker
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Lurker » 10 Jul 2006 12:31

With keysequence binding requested in that ticket, it would be nice to implement a jump to a playlist item #nn by typing its number! It would be extremally useful with a remote control!

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”