Not Sure if this is a Bug or a Feature-accessing files on NAS

Feature requests for VLC.
Da Wiz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Not Sure if this is a Bug or a Feature-accessing files on NAS

Postby Da Wiz » 21 Jan 2021 04:39

I have two NAS devices with three areas setup to store files for access anywhere in the house. Setting them up with static IPs and drive letters produced so many problems every time I had to reset the routers or cable modem that I changed the setup to network links with dynamic IP and no drive letter. There is no problem accessing content from anywhere in the house with 1 exception: If I want to do a container change for, say, 10 files from mkv or avi to MP4, I put the 10 files in the queue in the Conver/Save function with the "Copy" option so the video and audio are not changed, VLC does one or 2 files then quits without an error... it just stops doing conversions even though there are 8 or 9 more files in the job that were not converted. If I copy the same 10 files to the SSD inside the computer, all 10 are processed as expected.

It seems like VLC should handle these drive-letter-less NAS drives without issues for all supported functions. I can PLAY multiple files on the NAS drive all day long without a hiccup from VLC. I only have problems with the NAS drive when using Convert/Save.

Da Wiz
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Not Sure if this is a Bug or a Feature-accessing files on NAS

Postby Da Wiz » 24 Jan 2021 02:37

Any thoughts?

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”