Request: Enhanced A-B Repeat

Feature requests for VLC.
biffster
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Request: Enhanced A-B Repeat

Postby biffster » 21 Feb 2015 13:14

I would like to request two features related to A-B Repeat:
* Please add the capability to retain the A-B Repeat selection on a video if a playlist is present and I jump to the next video in the playlist. I.e., suppose I have two videos in my playlist; I want to be able to select a 10 second snipet from each one and those snipnets repeat one after another indefinitely until the sun burns out.
* Please add the ability to set more than one Repeat section. So an A-B C-D E-F ... Repeat. Suppose I had one movie with two great scenes and I want to play each of those 10 second seconds repeatedly forever. (I could do this if we had the first feature by adding the same movie twice, so the first feature is more important.)

Thanks.

mederi
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 2.0.8
Operating System: Windows Vista/XP

Re: Request: Enhanced A-B Repeat

Postby mederi » 21 Feb 2015 13:35

You can prepare a playlist with start-time stop-time VLC options.
Try Clipper: http://addons.videolan.org/content/show ... ent=163792

biffster
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Request: Enhanced A-B Repeat

Postby biffster » 21 Feb 2015 21:16

Thanks, that does provide access to the first bit of functionality I requested.

However, it's not as intuitive as if it were integrated with the built-in, graphically oriented A-B repeat. I still think general users of VLC would benefit from having this built in.

Some additional enhancements that would make the current A-B Repeat even more useful:
* Highlight/Color the position bar to indicate the extent of the current A-B selection
* Provide a way to tweak the A-B start/end time currently selected without clearing the selection. So, something like ... click on the highlighted extent (that I just suggested above), press and hold a control key, and then tap +/- or left arrow/right arrow to shift the A-B points by 5 second increments (or something)
* Allow rough adjustment or rough initial selection of the A-B points by holding that same control key, and mouse dragging the endpoints of the currently highlighted extent. (Or, if the mouse is clicked on an unhighlighted portion of the position bar, create a new A-B extent there.)

All of these I think would be of value to most users of the A-B Repeat feature.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”