Stop after current song

Feature requests for VLC.
iNoxxam
New Cone
New Cone

Stop after current song

Postby iNoxxam » 28 Aug 2011 15:02

Hello,
I very often use VLC for playing music, with sometimes very long playlists, and I sometimes don't listen to the whole playlist. I thought a very practical - but still very simple - function would a "Stop after current song" button. It would keep playing the current song, highlight the next one, and stop.

WeiSSbart
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Stop after current song

Postby WeiSSbart » 13 Sep 2012 14:53

I would like to confirm to this contribution because I, too, miss a function to stop the VLC player after each song automatically. It would be a great help since I want to make use of the player while performing a little cabaret program where jingles start after each scene.

Sincerely
Werner from Germany

solazy
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 1.1.11
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Postby solazy » 15 Sep 2012 04:38

I would like to confirm to this contribution because I, too, miss a function to stop the VLC player after each song automatically. It would be a great help since I want to make use of the player while performing a little cabaret program where jingles start after each scene.

Sincerely
Werner from Germany
Hello Werner,
Maybe the pic in the following topic could help you :
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103903#p351701

If you check "Play and Stop" as shown in the pic, each jingle in the playlist will stop after being played.
But be careful, because after that, the Play button will play again the same jingle (and you sure don't want that)

So I suggest you check "Play and Pause" instead, so the Play button will be inactive at the end of each jingle, you'll have to click on the ">>|" button ("Next media in the playlist") to play the following jingle...which will stop at the end etc...

Tolkirum
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Tolkirum » 03 May 2019 16:45

Hello,

I know this topic is (very) old, but even years later, there is no such functionnality.

I think solazy's response was only partial. What I would like - and I guess that is also what iNoxxam was looking for - is a button, that would stand just as play, pause and skip buttons stand, and that would allow you to, when you click on it, finish the current song and then pause.

This is a thing that I have been looking for ages, and no single player, from mobile to pc applications, would do that.

All I want is, when I'm listening to a playlist, an album or whatever includes many songs, and I just want to stop at the middle of it, for some reason, I do not want to suddenly click pause and not finish the song I'm listening to, that would be frustrating. And on the other side, it is sometimes hard to pause at the exact moment before the next song starts. That's why I'd love to have an option like that. I have no idea if this is possible with an extension, but I thought it would be a nice idea to refresh this topic.

unidan
Developer
Developer

Postby unidan » 03 May 2019 20:19

Hi, if you're looking for name, what you're looking for is an «enable autoplay» button. I suggest you to create a feature request on the tracker at https://trac.videolan.org/ if you really want it. That's where the developers are looking the most. :)

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”