Changing color of time bar?

Feature requests for VLC.
bgmnt
New Cone
New Cone

Changing color of time bar?

Postby bgmnt » 01 Jul 2012 11:07

VLC now has this new modern looking time bar since 2.0.
But why the color can't be customized? In my Windows settings I have set a different color, not blue, but the bar in VLC stays blue, so it is not fitting to the rest of my desktop's color scheme.

So maybe please add an option to change that color manually or better set it by the set Windows color scheme.

edwardw
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.0-git

Re: Changing color of time bar?

Postby edwardw » 02 Jul 2012 02:03

VLC now has this new modern looking time bar since 2.0.
But why the color can't be customized? In my Windows settings I have set a different color, not blue, but the bar in VLC stays blue, so it is not fitting to the rest of my desktop's color scheme.

So maybe please add an option to change that color manually or better set it by the set Windows color scheme.
I think you can use the system's native time bar in VLC 2.0.2, if you go to Tools → Customize Interface, check "Native Slider" and drag "time slider", deleting the old one.

bgmnt
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bgmnt » 03 Jul 2012 08:49

I think you can use the system's native time bar in VLC 2.0.2, if you go to Tools → Customize Interface, check "Native Slider" and drag "time slider", deleting the old one.
Tried this but nothing changed.
Okay, nothing seems not to fit the fact, it changes back to the ugly old one, but I want the new one just with a customized color (or at least the color that is set in my Windows options).

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 03 Jul 2012 17:16

You cannot.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”