Refresh File-Reference after pause if played from network

Feature requests for VLC.
mezza
New Cone
New Cone

Refresh File-Reference after pause if played from network

Postby mezza » 14 Dec 2011 20:36

If a file (eg. a movie) located somewhere on a network storage is paused, the connection is severed and rerestablished and the user tries to continue watching vlc stops and throws error messages as if the file was not availlable any more. if you press play again the file starts plaing from the beginning.
it would be great if vlc would be extended in a way that allows it to check on "bad file reference" if a this reference is out of date and should be renewed before plaing on. sometimes the network is slow or, as i said, the reference is not avasillable any longer but the file itself is. in this case vlc should close the file, reopen it and the continue playing at the last position.

ps. i'm swiss and my english is not very well ... please don't grumble if you are able to understand what i wanted to say.

BorisQueue
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Refresh File-Reference after pause if played from networ

Postby BorisQueue » 09 Feb 2013 06:47

I second this. In Windows 7 at least, when I am playing a video served from a mounted filesystem on another computer (in my Homegroup), and I put my computer to sleep, when it wakes up it says "Bad File Descriptor" and then closes the video, losing my place. There is no reason why it couldn't just attempt to re-open the file.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”