Feature requests for VLC.
DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: y
Operating System: windows 10 64bit Pro

updated/better Documentation for VLC

Postby DGMurdockIII » 22 Jan 2011 23:30

this might see like a silly request but one one of the most common thing i hear in the VLC irc channel is is that the streaming Documentation on the website is not up to date and also that is the most common question people i see people come in the vlc channel for s how to stream with vlc or cant finger out what there doing wrong because the Documentation is out of date

what i would like to see is updated Documentation on the wiki and if any one else see any area of the wiki that should be improved post it here i think this is the one area that vlc is lacking in is good Documentation

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: updated/better Documentation for VLC

Postby VLC_help » 23 Jan 2011 15:25

http://wiki.videolan.org/Documentation: ... _HowTo_New that is coming up quite nicely, but Google rank of that page should be higher.

DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby DGMurdockIII » 23 Jan 2011 20:29

we just need the Documentation to be more complete and in depth so it can help people google page rank should not matter and i think I also think that Documentation should be be bug # 2 kinda like you have world domination as bug # 1 becosue with out good Documentation people wont know where to start

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 24 Jan 2011 14:50

google page rank should not matter
Most people use Google when they need something. So IMO Google rank is the only way to make newer guides to have better position in search results.

DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby DGMurdockIII » 21 May 2011 05:55

anythink that could be improved on the wiki would be really helpfull http://wiki.videolan.org/Main_Page

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”