Option to disable scroll volume

Feature requests for VLC.
AnimaOnline
New Cone
New Cone

Option to disable scroll volume

Postby AnimaOnline » 04 Oct 2010 02:01

I like to keep 3 windows open on my monitor at the same time: Firefox, Windows Live Messenger and VLC Media Player. I use VLC Media Player primarily to play music and the trouble with this is that if I select the player to change a song and then forget to select my browser window before trying to scroll down the page it'll turn down my volume. This means that I now need to return the volume to 100% via the VLC media interface. Likewise, sometime I forget that VLC Media Player is the current active window and I'll try to turn down my PC's volume via my keyboards volume dial. Because VLC is selected as the active window the volume will become overly sensitive as I turn down both my PC's main volume and VLC's.

All I really request is for the user to have the option to turn off the ability to adjust VLC Media Player's volume through the mouse scroll wheel and keyboard volume wheel. I'm sure these two problems only occur with a minute amount of the VLC userbase but when it is a problem it's a real nuisance.

Thank you in advance for any consideration given. I consider VLC Media Player otherwise flawless.

danpluso
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Option to disable scroll volume

Postby danpluso » 19 Oct 2010 00:06

Hello, I too would love to have this option.

I have found that using the default custom skin stops the volume from changing however I prefer the native style (no skin) as it seems to work better.

LinkSlayer64
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LinkSlayer64 » 26 Oct 2010 05:13

This can already be done, go to tools --> config --> then choose "hotkeys"
at the bottom of the window is an option for the MouseWheel X-axis, set it to "ignore"

rsalmei
New Cone
New Cone

Postby rsalmei » 18 Jan 2012 01:11

Sorry, but it can't.
If I set "Ignore" in MouseWheel x-axis Control, it also disables the position control!!!
And if I set it to Position, the OTHER axis gets volume control....... grrrrrr
Sorry, but this is stupid. Why is it mandatory to have both or none enabled?
I want my trackpad controlling position with left-right gestures, but ignoring up-down gestures. Is it too much to ask??

neilm831
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby neilm831 » 07 Sep 2018 04:07

Yep last six months this has been happening to me with volume turning itself down within vlc interface..

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”