Like a new featrue request thing ya know

Feature requests for VLC.
Farow
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Like a new featrue request thing ya know

Postby Farow » 09 Jun 2010 04:04

I think a playlist to playlist would be a nice feature, like when i got two vlc players open they don't let me drag it over to the other ones play list.

~
Also i believe that VLC Converter should be separated from the vlc player itself OR still be in the VLC player but have another EXE
like VLC.exe and CVLC.exe so that way i can still watch a video clip and convert a clip without opening two vlc players.
VLC player has pretty much mastered all the video formats ( besides blue ray and 3D and RealD stuff but almost nobody uses those on computers that i know of ) AND perhaps create a NEW forum for help with the converter as i can tell the adims HATE posts about the converter, this way, you can simply tell people CVLC.exe is it's own program and This Fourm has NOTHING to do with it, and until you guys are ready to add " CVLC feature requests " that there will be NO feature request forums for it.

~
which i think when people ask for a "better" converter i think they just want it simpler to use like Xilisoft or the other ones.
PS: idk if the forum viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54597
relates to the new forums one or not :/
~
Also this really isn't a feature request just a idea, i think VideoLan should spread it market to more programs then just a video player
The version 0.7.2 started out with only 63,417 downloads now VLC is getting 53,548,273 for 1.0.5 ( 116,942,250 ~ 0.8.6 )
And still VLC provides the program free of change for so many peoples, many people take your guys hard work and efforts for granted. It truly is amazing how VLC can have so much consumers and still keep it free and just work off donations and volunteers, but that can only get you so far in this world. Like all great businesses i believe VLC should start expanding it's market a bit further then just a video player. Like because nothing in this world is free and it very hard keeping something free. My friend owns a small company so i understand a little bit has much work and countless hours have been put in here. I know that it is not Your guys intent to charge for VLC which i don't think you should, and if you guy did i would most likely torrent it anyways. Maybe put a ad or something on the main page i'm sure 54 million people would understand if the site had one ad you know. that way you can get more money and still keep it free without spamming people about useless crap and invest in a even great VLC player, from what i've seen VLC has been only getting better and better, and this one ad on the front page would simply allow you guys to reach your goal faster and allow more projects like a free anti virus program which would put Norton and all Anti virus companies to the breaking point. Perhaps i am think way to far ahead of myself but if VLC started out so small and grew to from 64k to 54million downloads in a couple of years for just a video player even if they are a bit inaccurate there is no way they can be inaccurate by millions. Anyways i'm just a Fan of VLC and this is just a idea, i'm not sure if it's a great or bad idea it's just a idea and i know you guys love to read other peoples idea so i figured i would finally take the time and write out my idea.
Ps: playlist to playlist would be nice though XD

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Like a new featrue request thing ya know

Postby VLC_help » 09 Jun 2010 15:27

cvlc name is already reserved for command-line VLC.

Farow
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Like a new featrue request thing ya know

Postby Farow » 09 Jun 2010 17:55

cvlc name is already reserved for command-line VLC.
Well it doesn't have to be cvlc i'm just giving out the basics of my ideas

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”