Automatic volume control on mp3

Feature requests for VLC.
cpthare
New Cone
New Cone

Automatic volume control on mp3

Postby cpthare » 15 Oct 2009 01:10

Different mp3 files have different volume levels, it would be nice if the player automatically compensated for these levels.
I just don't like doing it manually.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: Automatic volume control on mp3

Postby VLC_help » 15 Oct 2009 13:48

Replay gain isn't enough for you?

nikola23
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 1.2 pre3
Operating System: Win7\Ubuntu 10.10

Postby nikola23 » 15 Oct 2009 16:59

You may want to check out http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/ you can embed replain gain in your mp3 files with it and its basically automated.

pinelarry
New Cone
New Cone

Postby pinelarry » 18 Jan 2010 01:38

Along this line, I am looking for an automatic volume control that basically flattens the volume throughout a track. I work in an office where I cannot wear headphones and speaker volume must be kept very low so as not to disturb others. If I turn the volume way down to make loud musical passages quiet, then I cannot hear the quiet passages. I used to have a CD player that had this function (I think they called it automatic volume limiting), but it is very hard to find a similar feature for a software or hardware music player. Your player is the best, so I hope you can include this feature or tell me where I can get a plug-in. Thanks.

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 18 Jan 2010 14:40

Tuner Amplifiers have usually this thing called night mode (or Dynamic Range Control) which will flatten the sound.

gbreal
New Cone
New Cone

Postby gbreal » 19 Aug 2010 09:05

I work in an office where I cannot wear headphones and speaker volume must be kept very low so as not to disturb others. If I turn the volume way down to make loud musical passages quiet, then I cannot hear the quiet passages.
Exactly same problem here. I listen Internet radio stations at work and the music is way too loud compared to conversations which are too silent to hear. Could you please add Dynamic Voice Control to VLC? One could set maximum voice level which will not be overrun. The feature should be implemented to master volume adjustment so the source of audio wouldn't matter.

Thanks,

-G-

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”