Request For More Advanced Playlists

Feature requests for VLC.
StephenD
New Cone
New Cone

Request For More Advanced Playlists

Postby StephenD » 07 Feb 2008 06:58

I would like the ability to play files from an XML playlist similarly to what is done with Media Player, but if possible I would prefer a somewhat more advanced file. I would like to be able to include a tag that tells the system not to display subtitles, to start in full screen mode, to exit on completion, and if I am not alone in my desire for a more advanced playlist I am sure others have some options they would like added to it.

PS If this feature is already supported I am sorry for this post and would you mind pointing out where I can find documentation on it please.

Thanks much,
Stephen

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Re: Request For More Advanced Playlists

Postby CloudStalker » 07 Feb 2008 19:56

Try the nightly builds (can't really link so do a search). There already is the option for automatic fullscreen in the current version of VLC (Preferences -> Video -> 'Start in fullscreen', save and restart VLC.

Arite
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.20
Operating System: Debian Testing|Win10

Re: Request For More Advanced Playlists

Postby Arite » 08 Feb 2008 00:11

There is already XSPF (a xiph.org's extensible XML playlist format) support in VLC - however I do not know how much of the specification VLC currently supports.

As CloudStalker, the nightly builds are worth trying - download them from here:
http://nightlies.videolan.org/

Here is an extract from the NEWS file for 0.9.0-svn in trunk:

Code: Select all

Playlist: * Vastly improved playlist support: * Media library support * "Live search" * Shoutcast TV listings * Audioscrobbler/last.fm support * Album art support * User definable Lua playlist scripts. See share/luaplaylist/README.txt (Default scripts open YouTube, DailyMotion, metacafe and Google Video URLs) * User definable Lua metadata and album art fetcher scripts. See share/luameta/README.txt
It also has Lua playlist script support, which appears to be very extensible.

Cheers, Arite.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”