Just have a drink and chat
ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.x
Operating System: MacOS X

YouTube 3D

Postby ajmas » 26 Sep 2010 06:13

Continuing my investigation of 3D technologies, I am came across the following video for 3D in YouTube, thought you guys might be interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ANcspdYh_U

I have nothing to do with YouTube or the engineer in the video.
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: YouTube 3D

Postby ajmas » 10 Oct 2010 19:46

What colours were the filters in the glasses?

You should make sure that you select the right configuration in the 3D menu of the video, that corresponds to your glasses. Also, it should be noted that some videos may be filmed from two cameras (good) side by side, while others are from one camera and are just trying to fake it (bad).
Providing logs, messages, configuration info (VLC, OS, Hardware) and a clear explanation of the issue always helps the problem solvers help you, even if they don't end up solving the issue. Just think what you would need if you were solving someone else's problem. Additional: Always looking for eager and capable MacOS X developers to join the VLC team - for more information see here.

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 27 Oct 2010 12:49

CloudStalker heard that good 3D comes from two cameras, top and bottom as opposed to side by side. Besides, 3D as we know it will be obsolete pretty soon especially since companies like Toshiba are already making 3D TVs which don't require 3D glasses, just like the upcomeing Nintendo 3DS.

ajmas
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby ajmas » 27 Oct 2010 14:43

Death to the glasses will be great, since the ones I have tried in the stores just aren't comfortable. Has anyone heard any information when we should start seeing these types of TVs in North America?

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 27 Oct 2010 14:57

Death to the glasses will be great, since the ones I have tried in the stores just aren't comfortable.
Most indubitably.
Has anyone heard any information when we should start seeing these types of TVs in North America?
When Japan considers them obsolete. :lol:

Return to “Coffee Corner”